Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Department of AYUSH
The Department of Indian Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy (ISM&H) was created in March 1995 and re-named as Department of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) in November 2003 with a view to promote these ancient systems of medicine. The Department has emphasized upgrading educational standards, quality control and standardization of drugs, as well as improving the availability of medicinal plants, research and development and awareness generation about the efficacy of AYUSH systems, both domestically and internationally. indianmedicine.nic.in
Government of Tamil Nadu, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Directorate of Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy
The Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy Department is established to look after the Medical Systems such as Siddha, Ayurveda,Unani, Yoga and Naturopathy and Homoeopathy.
The following are the aims and objectives of the Department,
- Providing Health service to the Public through Indian Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy.
- Providing and Monitoring education and Research activities in Indian systems of Medicine.
- Promoting the growth of Medicinal Plants.
- Encouraging projects involving women and small scale industries in the preparation and marketing of home remedies and herbal food preparations.
- Facilitating the introduction of Yoga in the offices / work places for the benefit of employees.
- Supporting Naturopathy for better health.
- Supporting all like minded education and research bodies for the development of Indian systems of medicine.
Read more at www.tnhealth.org/im.htm