Farmer Registration Form
ರೈತರು ನೋಂದಾಯಿಸಿಕೊಳ್ಳುವ ಲಿಂಕ್ : Click here
காவேரி கூக்குரல் - பதிவுப் படிவம் : Click here
Agroforestry models have shown an increase in farmers’ income across India and the government has agreed in-principle to provide incentives for farmers to shift to agroforestry in Cauvery basin.
Agroforestry is the practice of growing fruit or timber trees along with conventional crops or on a full-fledged basis.
Isha has shifted 69,760 farmers to agroforestry, increasing farmers’ incomes 300-800% in 5-7 years.
Benefits of agroforestry:
Agroforestry supports field crops
• Green litter from tree leaves enhances soil quality
• Trees help reduce pest attacks and are not affected by seasonal diseases
Agroforestry secures income for farmers
• Growing trees requires less expenses and less labor
• Timber will provide financial insurance in difficult times
• Intercropping cash crops will give continuous income
Agroforestry can prevent droughts and floods
• It involves less water usage
• Trees increase groundwater recharge and stabilize river flow
If you are interested in agroforestry, fill out the form and we will get in touch with you.