During this second wave, the virus is severely impacting available healthcare services. Patients are finding it hard to get hospital beds and oxygen, while healthcare and frontline workers are struggling to cope with the increased pressure. To ease the strain, Isha Outreach is offering support to these vulnerable groups.
Our interventions include:
● Providing Dignity in Death
A dedicated group of Isha volunteers have stepped up to keep the Kayanta Sthanams fully operational so that the bereaved can bid a final farewell to the departed. Our efforts to provide Dignity in Death will benefit the poor in major cities in Tamil Nadu.
- Cremation services: Expansion of 15 crematoriums run by Isha in Chennai and Coimbatore with additional temporary furnaces as well as increasing the availability of existing furnaces.
- Transportation of the Deceased: 40 mortuary vans to transport the dead from the overflowing mortuaries of Govt. hospitals
- Last rites: Family members will get enough time and assistance to pay their last respects to their loved ones, while adhering to all the safety protocols.
● Free transport for poor patients to hospitals and COVID Care Centers
● Safety kits and nutritious food packs for Govt. hospitals and frontline workers
● Training volunteers in Simha Kriya and other simple immunity-boosting Yogic practices that will reach large numbers of the public, educational institutions, and companies
● Operating COVID Support Lines to provide emotional support and Telemedicine through volunteer doctors
● Providing insurance cover for vulnerable sections like sanitary and frontline workers
● Offering Isha Vidhya Schools to the Tamil Nadu Govt. as COVID Care Centers if the need arises